Monday, February 6, 2012

Wedding bands & The Great Pumpkin Pillow



A few weeks ago I found the perfect ring bearer pillow for our autumn shabby chic wedding...this linen and burlap pumpkin made by Nancy Ellen Studios on Etsy. I had a wonderful experience working with this artisan. She was open to custom orders, and had great communication and turn around time. Her pricing was reasonable, if not surprisingly low for the quality of work I received. I can't wait to see our wedding bands tied up in the "vines" and carried down the aisle by our equally adorable ring bearer.
Link
Jeff and I made a return visit to Glennpeter Jewelers this afternoon to take another look at wedding bands--this time with considerably more success! We had discussed our expectations and budget and went in with a plan that we felt comfortable with, and within a few hundred dollars were able to stick to it. The buy one get one free wedding band deal that came with Jeff having purchased my engagement ring there, made us feel better about what we spent on my ring, and the value of Jeff's totally made it worth it.
I had wanted diamonds on three sides of the band to match the engagement ring, but we went with diamonds just on top instead which cut the cost tremendously and is more practical for where we are financially right now. The mil grain detailing on the ring I picked was just what I needed to feel like it would stand on its own and compliment the engagement ring. It is also made by the same vendor as my engagement ring so it works well together. Jeff's band is also 14k white gold with the mil grain detailing and the hammered metal is so cool. I love that we both fell in love with the same ring for him. Another big decision down, this one will be on our fingers for the rest of our lives. Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment