Thursday, January 19, 2012

Who wants to eat some cake?!


Here is the engraved cake server I received from my parents for my birthday. With a teal ribbon tied around the handle it will be cute and customized for the big day.
Some more exciting progress in the wedding planning today--Jeff's Aunt Amy agreed to make our wedding cake as our wedding gift. I can't think of a more yummy and personal way to say congratulations! I love knowing that it will be family creating this important part of our special day because I know that it will be made with love and care and an attention to detail we would never get with a mass produced design.
Amy's cakes are fabulous--as seen pictured here, her son's Spiderman birthday cake.
This three tiered beauty was fit for a princess and they are as delicious as they are fun and playful.
I love the elegance and creativity of this wedding cake that she made too.
This is a photo collage I created of cakes that I want her to use for inspiration for mine (if you click on it, it should open larger). She sent me the link for a fun site Cake Central to search for ideas. I used the search terms "fall wedding cakes," "teal & brown," and "vintage lace." Those are three main themes I'm working with while planning the overall feel of the wedding thus far. I love the look of the flourish piping, as well as the use of ribbons on the cake. I like the monochromatic look of white on white, or chocolate on chocolate, but I like the teal too. The pops of fall colors with the leaves or flowers bring in the element of Autumn for the October 20th wedding. I'm hoping she can take some creative license with these ideas and meld them together however they inspire her best. And the cherry on top? My grandma and grandpa's cake topper from their wedding: a gorgeous little porcelain bride and groom (I still have to ask grandma to borrow it, but I know she'll say yes).

No comments:

Post a Comment