Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Paper Shopping & Gathering Doo Dads




When I was visiting my family in North Carolina last week, I was excited to be able to convince Jeff to drive with me to Archiver's about 35 minutes from their apartment to go paper shopping. I knew this scrapbook store would have the perfect paper to create my wedding stationary and I was right! I found a My Mind's Eye, Lost & Found 2 line that has the perfect mix of elegance and vintage, as well as the colors I've been envisioning: Chocolate, Ivory, Teal, and Caramel. I bought out every sheet of the three designs I felt worked together best so that I have enough for Save the Dates, Invitations & RSVP cards, thank yous, and maybe even programs and place cards if I'm creative with how I use it.
In a twist of fate, or perfect timing, my Aunt Pam had decided to give up rubber stamping and passed on all her materials to me while I was down south for the visit. In a box of stuff that she gave me I believe I have enough sets of heavy-weight Strathmore card and envelope blanks to create some gorgeous invitations, and some smaller card and envelope blanks for Save the Dates or RSVP cards. So before the cost of postage and adhesive, I should essentially be able to make almost all of the stationary projects for the wedding for under $150. Time will tell...but it's looking good, and I can't wait to get started on all this with my MOH, Ginger!
As for everything else you see pictured, when I got home and got a chance to sort through my stash this morning I gathered up all the little vintage doo dads and paper crafting supplies that go with my color scheme and the look I want to achieve. I've got some ideas for centerpieces that I will reveal in future posts that will include some of what is pictured.

No comments:

Post a Comment