Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Wedding Gown Shopping at David's Bridal


As you will see below, two of my favorites online don't quite look right on me. LOL





On Monday, January 2nd, 2012 I purchased the dress I will walk down the aisle in to marry the man of my dreams. The dress is in alterations in NC till February, but my veil is rolled loosely in tissue paper and safely tucked into my closet awaiting the big day. It's a little surreal. In fact, the whole day was. Perhaps it was because of the lack of oxygen and discomfort of the herring-boned corset bra or the expectant looks of the bridal consultant, my mother, and each of my sisters as I came out of the dressing room in each gown--or because I wanted the idyllic story of being able to say I found my dress in the first shot with my mom and my sisters by my side--but after less than a dozen dresses, I said "yes" and rang the bell for the whole boutique to hear. I wish I could say that I had the epiphany that it was "the one" the moment I walked out and looked at myself in the mirror--but after being deluged by the manager briskly fitting a veil on my head, and each of the fabric layers being fluffed by the consultant, and the alterations lady trying to make up for my poor self-image by pinning on lace sleeves/shoulder straps over my broad shoulders, I felt my smile beginning to hurt my cheeks and knew it had to be it. My mom and my sisters all loved it and women walking past in the boutique all nodded in approval. I don't know if it's because it was such a big decision financial or that it happened so fast and I didn't want it to be over, or because I'm a worry wart, but I don't think I will feel 100% with it till I have it on during my wedding day and I'm walking down the aisle in it. I'm glad I got to do it with my mom and my sisters, and I do love it, but I'm having a bit of buyer's remorse. I mean, that's my wedding dress (not pictured in any of the photos above--I'm saving the reveal for the big day)--but it feels weird to be done with that part and not have a set date or a venue yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment