Saturday, January 14, 2012

First Papercrafting Project: "Save The Dates"


Yesterday I received the photos I ordered from walgreens.com and today I got the photo magnets in the mail from vistaprint.com, and last week I bought ivory envelopes from Walmart...so I had everything I needed to put the "Save the Dates" together this afternoon. Well--almost everything--compiling mailing addresses for Jeff's side of the guest list has been a challenge. I've rounded up all that I could through Facebook friendships, emails, and phone calls of people I know...but there are a handful left that are up to him. That's where the nagging comes in. But, like I told him, I wouldn't have to nag, if he just did it when I asked the first time. We will be good at marriage. LOL.
Unfortunately the photos I ordered came with the borders I added through photo editing partially cut off, and there was an unsightly string of numbers printed on the back of them. Also, I could only find envelopes about a half inch bigger than the photos. To solve all these problems I added a kraft cardstock photo matte to all the pictures to finish them off and make them fit in the envelope better. I hand stamped all of the envelopes with flourishes in kraft brown and teal (in CTMH ink colors they are called "desert sand" and "juniper"). I used a sparkly teal Sakura jelly roll pen to hand write the addresses on the front of the envelopes.
Once all the photos were matted on the cardstock, and the envelopes were stamped and addressed, I sat on the couch and handed Jeff the magnets...I put the photo in the envelope, he put in the magnet. That was his contribution to the project :o) Once I get wedding postage stamps and the return address labels I ordered come in the mail--they will be all set to be shipped out....that is after I get those last few addresses. hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment