Sunday, January 15, 2012

Bridesmaid Dress Shopping!!!

This afternoon I went bridesmaid dress shopping with Lindsey, Ginger, and her mom, Sue. We had a blast! Thank goodness I made us an appointment because it was a mad house with a $99 sale going on--all the fitting rooms were jammed with girls and we would've had an hour and a half wait!
We got right in and set up with a fitting room and with a brief explanation of color and size guides we hit the racks looking for styles to try on.
This was the first dress Ginger tried so we could get a sense of how the color would look--I wanted "truffle" brown or "cocoa."
Lin looked smokin' in this satiny red number, which ended up being one of our top two picks of the day. Little did we know we'd return to this style...but looking at this photo now, I can see it has a lot of potential especially in the color we decided to go with--"jade."
This was my favorite dress of the day on Ginger--I loved the sheen and texture of this fabric along with the gathering in the right places. We decided to go short to avoid unnecessary alterations costs and to give them a little more comfort and mobility from carrying around a bunch of fabric all day.
We had to have some bad picks too...I promised not to post the really bad picks, haha, but here is the what they called "The Grinch" combo.
These ended up being our top two style choices, which my sisters will try on at a North Carolina David's Bridal to be the tie breakers, or we may end up going two and two.
And finally...me with my troopers. I know from a few weeks ago how exhausting dress shopping can be and they were awesome! We were positive and productive and I'm impressed that we got so much accomplished in our hour and a half appointment time--wait--I mean, the 3 hours we stayed to try on dresses!!! Our marathon session left us with two possibilities and a confirmed color choice that everyone is happy with, so it was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment