Thursday, January 19, 2012

Deals of the Day: $6 Flats & $1 Ribbon!

When the girls and I went bridesmaid dress shopping I bought a swatch of the "jade" fabric to use to match up to other items in my color scheme. I went to the Dollar Tree today to pick up a few things, and while wandering the craft supply aisle, among only a few color choices, what are the odds that I actually found ribbon that perfectly matches my bridesmaid dress colors! At only $1 for 6 yards...I bought 8 rolls so that I have enough for the girls' bouquets and maybe even to use on thank you cards with coordinating paper, and other DIY projects I have planned.
After the Dollar Tree I popped into Payless to see if they had any shoes I could use for work...and instead I found these adorable white flats on sale for $6. I'm not sure yet if I will use them for the wedding, I might look for some cute blue/teal shoes instead to match my colors to be my "something blue" since they won't show anyway--but I figured for $6 to have them as a backup plan was worth it.
Jeff and I also gave his dad the go ahead today to book a friend of his as our wedding deejay. In addition, I was able to get ahold of Meridith Mertzlufft of Meridith Ann Photography to secure our date! I'm sooo excited to be able to work with her, as she has a good eye for detail and she's very creative and professional.

AND during my planning period for subbing today I called a few local hotels to get room pricing for this October to help set things up for out of town relatives. Am I on the ball or what? It feels so good to get these big things ticked off the checklist so that later on I can focus on the fun part--the details--and then my amazing photographer can capture them for me! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment