Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Bridesmaids & My MOH

I chose Jeff's twin sister Lindsey to be one of my bridesmaids because we always giggle when we get a chance to hang out and I know she will help keep things lighthearted, and help me to keep my eye on the prize--her amazing brother! She will have his best interests in mind when helping with decision making, and it will be easier to make decisions when he's not around when I have her input. I am happy she agreed to be part of my wedding because I think it will be an amazing bonding experience and I know she will make a wonderful sister-in-law! :o)
My sisters Elise and Aly are the obvious choices for my bridesmaids. They are by default my best friends, and those people you can get mad at or can get mad at you, but you know in the end you will always be sisters and we will be there for each other always. It makes me super bummed that they don't live nearby anymore, and with a fifteen hour drive separating us, with me in NY and them in NC...its going to be hard to not have them as readily available to share in the process as much as I'd like. I'm so psyched to be able to visit them next week for Christmas, and maybe we can fit in a day with my mom and my Grandma Haymore to do a little dress shopping. I'm not ready for a dress yet, but my friend Ginger made a good point--that its an experience I'd cherish to be able to share with them, and I should take the opportunity if I have it.
Speaking of Ginger....
Last night I officially appointed her my Maid of Honor. She's been my friend for 6+ years and I can think of no better person to help me with this creative journey. As a fellow CTMH consultant and partner in crime, we've got this uncanny knack of being able to sit down and work on a project together and make magic happen. Oh, I could make something gorgeous on my own, and she can make something gorgeous on her own, but when we get together and can feed off of each others' ideas--then it becomes gorgeous times ten! I trust her taste in color and design, and I know she will be the voice of reason to talk me down and put things into perspective when I get stressed. I'm glad she so excitedly accepted the responsibility--because it's going to be a long bumpy ride! :o) But tons of fun too, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment