Saturday, March 3, 2012

There's No Escaping Wedding Drama




The most frequent advice I get from people about wedding planning is, "Don't try to make everyone happy--it's going to be impossible and it's your day so just do what will make you happy." So true--it is impossible to make everyone happy, and it seems like the harder I tried, the more miserable I became. The only thing certain about weddings is that they come with their fair share of drama--and mine is no exception.
The thing I didn't expect though, was that my MOH and her interactions with the rest of the bridal party would be my biggest source of stress (so far anyway). When things got too tense, she thankfully decided to step out of the wedding.
So in future posts, you will see that my friend Jamie has stepped in as my fourth bridesmaid when I needed her most, and I have not as of yet decided what to do about naming a new Maid of Honor. Jamie was asked to be a fifth bridesmaid before my original MOH left the equation. It just so happened that she accepted around the same time, which made me feel grateful and hopeful amidst all the stress. They say everything happens for a reason...

No comments:

Post a Comment